Sunday, September 7, 2008

I must be insane. Regarding school, at least.

Alrighty, so, when I found out I was pregnant, I had a plan in mind for school. I'd take summer quarter full-time, loaded with classes. Autumn quarter would be half-time, to accommodate a growing baby-belly (and the misery that comes with it). Winter I would take off, because who can go to school with a newborn? I'd resume full-time for Spring, which starts in March.

Perfect plan, perfect timing, says I.

However, that just got blown to bits. Lots of itty bitty bits. Because if I half-time it in Autumn and don't go at all in Winter, I won't have the pre-reqs I need for the vet tech program in time.

So now, Summer finals are Monday. And I'm scheduled for 13CR for Autumn. Granted, they're mostly 100-level classes, so they shouldn't be that difficult, but still. (Chem 100, Math: Calculations/Dosages, Speech and Algebra 2). Autumn goes from Sept. 14th-ish to right before Christmas. I'll be about 8-mo pregnant during finals. I must be insane.

And to top it off, I can't take winter quarter off - I have to be at least part-time, otherwise my financial aid gets all screwy and I won't have it for Spring. So I've got a line-up of online classes that I think I can handle, including Business Comm, Med. terminology, and "Freshman" seminar.

And then Spring I start with 200-level classes, and by Fall I should be taking the VET schedule, which is, ah, well, INSANE.

But anyway, there's a scholarly update. Cheers!

(Oh! And SPORE came out yesterday. Now I have to hunt down a copy. MINE, I say, MINE!)

No comments: