Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rainbow Pediatrics

I just called a pedi for Mori, to have her (much delayed) 6-month checkup. I was actually very happily surprised with the receptionist. There was a bit of a hold time, but then she took all our info and actually called me back instead of putting me back on hold. Mori has an appointment with a nurse pract. in a week.

They also didn't get pissy about not vax'ing. I was just told there would be a form to sign if we chose not to vax.

This is the first pedi phone call i've had that didn't involve me getting ticked...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

nice! :) ryan's 2 month appt is in a week or two..... i'm just going to say i want to "delay" vaxing for now.... :p we maybe moving to ohio anyway so i dont feel like arguing w/them about vaxing. tho for all i know, they might not care. i'd rather not deal w/it til i must.

Unknown said...

Well, after the first Pedi saying "I won't take medical responsibility for non-vaxed kids!", I was wary. But when I told the receptionist, she was like "OKay! Well, you'll need to sign this form, blah blah." And I didn't feel judged or 'wrong' at all. It was great. :)