Friday, February 29, 2008

I hate nursing strikes

Mori just went two days without nursing. This has happened twice, now. Once when she had her ear infection, where she would latch on but not suckle, and now yesterday and today where she wouldn't even get near it. We've decided that she's teething her top teeth, and it's been hell. Today was horrible. I actually called Ben home from work around 5... on his way he got infant tylenol, and it seems to have worked. Tonight before bed, she nursed for a good half hour, and I couldn't believe how happy I was. She's nursing again! She had me scared.

Because of these last two days, however, the house is a mess. >.< The counters are clean, though. The counters are clean.

Apparently Fuzzy and I are No More (tm.). I'm sad, but not quite heartbroken. We've grown apart. I actually told him I felt like i'd outgrown him, but upon hindsight maybe that wasn't the best way to put it. More like we've just taken different roads and they're not meeting up anymore.

Currently on the needles is the second mitt from the Cabled Knit fingerless gloves. I do believe i'm going to keep the first one (numerous mistakes that are apparent), give Ashley the 2nd and 3rd one, and then make a 4th one for me to match the first one. Make sense? Good? Good.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

heh, i made a lot of mitts in while working out the kinks for bonnies mitts. i gave the final pair to bonnie last night, she squealed (43 year old covered in tattoos, piercer, mind you) and hugged me, said they're perfect, and wore them immediately. :D and said she owes me a piercing. yippeeeeee

hey i'm glad the infant tylenol worked! thats scary :/

ParamourANGEL said...

YYYYYAAAAH gloves!!! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THEM!! :-)