Thursday, August 28, 2008

Saint Louis... ugh.

Sunday morning (like, super early) we head to Columbus International Airport to hop on a plane to Saint Louis. We return on Tuesday.

I'm so not looking forward to this. Sunday afternoon is a family reunion on the Phillips side--the crazy side. My mother, her siblings, her mother and father... I have a feeling it's going to be a disaster. Poor Ben, who has to meet all these psycho people, is probably going to divorce me upon return to Columbus. ;) And I wouldn't blame him one bit.

I still can't believe I let myself get guilt'ed into going. Our friend Melissa is going to take care of the animals for us, which rocks. We're going to have to put the car into long-term parking for a few days. I was thinking about getting a hotel in STL but I can't imagine how that would work unless we rented a car, which is so expensive that we wouldn't have money LEFT for the hotel. I'm NOT looking forward to trying to get Mori to sleep the two nights we're there. (Sigh.)

On top of that, I bet I won't even be able to see any of my friends. Fuzzy, Mikki, Sra, Tony... I MISS them, darnit. However, we WILL see my da... and not just for lunch at work with him one day (as mother dearest suggested). We will a good chuck of day with him. The only problem is, of course, getting there and back... ARGH. I hate flying out there. I always end up trapped at the house because of no car.

Oh, well. At least Ben will be there with me to fend off the Lori-psycho.

No comments: