Friday, August 1, 2008

Of Vinyl, Oatmeal, and Family Reunions

Ever since Mori was born, I have been in love with vinyl.

It's not a very 'crunchy' thing to be in love with. I can take or leave my glass cookware, I can hee-haw at my BPA-free plastic, but I don't think we could live without vinyl.

Because, lets face it. When your dear, dear husband (gee, thanks, Ben) gives your one-year-old daughter a big bowl of oatmeal in her high chair, allows her to feed herself, and then doesn't clean up after her? Oh, yeah, and forgets to tell me the chair is covered in oatmeal? Well, vinyl is nice. I can pick off dried oatmeal, scrub it down with a soapy washcloth, and 'viola!' Clean vinyl.

However, I really should make Ben do it. Since, yaknow, he's the one who started the whole mess.

Saturday is the Keister Family Reunion... Ben's side of the family. Ben is not going. However, I (apparently), am. WTF am I going to do for hours with people I've never met who have never met me when I don't even have my husband (AKA the Buffer)???? His parents are going, but still. I really don't want to be swamped by people I don't know, in a city I don't know, without him. Seriously. It's his family.

Next time the Phillips side (read: psycho side) of my family has a reunion, I'm so sending him without me to drown.
Rant over.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

my mom says, "did you plant the fig tree on the south side of the house yet?" ...and that is all i have to say about that. yep.

that sucks about the reunion! say you can only stop in 'cause you have plans. :) limit the time you have to be there!