Friday, November 7, 2008

Pregnancy update - Yay, third trimester!

I want to say this pregnancy has been worse than Mori. Both in mental exhaustion and physical discomfort. I don't know if it's because I'm chasing around a 1-year-old, running a household, and going to school while pregnant or if it has something to do with the actual pregnancy, but either way, it's rough.

I get days like today where I am just unable to do anything. I want to do things. I START to do things. But two minutes into it, and I'm either out of breath, having a contraction, or just mentally unable to continue.

Even standing and folding laundry is a huge task. Add in having to chase around Mori, keep her out of the kitchen sink (she's learned to move the chairs around and climb... hurray... feel my excitement?), pull her out from behind the futon... you get the idea.

It's days like this that I am ashamed to admit that Mori watches disney movies... for a good part of the day. It's not something I'm proud of, but it is darned convenient.

Yesterday, we re-arranged the livingroom. It's been about a year since we've moved any furniture around, and I was getting antsy. Ben was amazingly helpful, listening to me and moving all the furniture where I wanted it. He didn't argue or ask questions or anything. It made me feel really good.

So, now, the desk is right across from the window, which allows me to sit in the sunlight in the morning. We put the futon across instead of against a wall, which splits the room into two quite effectively. The second half will turn into either a play area/toy storage area for the kids or a dining area with our diningroom table. I haven't decided which would be more convenient. Right now, the kids don't have a play area... but at the same time, our table is stuffed into the kitchen with very little room to negotiate.

So, we'll see with that. However, this setup makes me happy and seems like it's more organized, and maybe a bit more 'zen'. It also condensed the living area of the living room into a smaller, more family-friendly area.

Once it's fully cleaned up, I might post pictures. :)

No comments: