Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grocery List Tuesday

I do a grocery list a bit differently than most people, I think. I'm a big fan of not over-buying. So, what I do is I compile a list of every ingredient needed for the week. I write that list down. Then I go 'shop' in the pantry and mark off everything I already have. Whatever is left is what needs to be purchased! It works really well, and it keeps us from overloading.

I find Recipezaar's shopping list feature very helpful. :D

So, here's the list for needed ingredients this week.

  • Dairy
Plain yogurt
Parmesan cheese
2 gal milk
1 Pkg of shredded cheddar
2 boxes of stick margarine
1 tub of spread margarine
8oz sour cream
1 doz eggs

  • Canned/Dry
1 can tomato soup
28oz stewed tomatoes
56oz kidney beans (these are the only beans I buy canned because of the toxins in them)
ketchup
29oz of green beans canned
Oatmeal
Raisins
Hamburger buns
2 loaves of bread

  • Meat
2 lbs of sausage
3 lbs of ground beef

  • Produce
4 onions
2 heads of garlic
1 green pepper
celery
10# of potatoes
lettuce for salad
tomatoes (if priced right)
carrots
pears (in season) for fresh fruit

  • Frozen
French fries

1 comment:

Rachel said...

thats funny, we do our lists the same way... :) are you making chili too? :)