Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hear ye, hear ye! Ket's first post!

So, I have decided I need an Adult Blog (tm). I have a couple from high school/etc, but nothing adult, nothing since the Army and family and kid and blahblahblah.
Not to mention the knitting. So! Welcome to my adult blog.

Sunday we had Ben's 'family' Christmas, at his grandmother's house. A three hour drive, but really it wasn't bad. Mori slept for part of the time and talked to herself for the other half. (By the way, she knows "Gaahhhh", "Bahhhh", and "EEEEEEEEE!" now.). However by the time we got there, Mori was well past "Tired" and into "Whiney".

I felt so bad because as soon as Great-Grandma Doran held her, she started wailing. She wouldn't let anyone hold her except me and Ben. I don't think she remembers any of them, and I think she's a bit people-shy now. She also started screaming when a lady at Joann's started talking to her. So this week i'm hoping to get some of the ColAPVil girls who live close together and maybe we can socialize her a bit.

Presents at the early christmas included a couple of aluminum needles, some of the cool colored plastic 10-13-15 needles, a needle holder, a couple of stuffed animals for Mori which included a neat, soft puppy that I want to steal and cuddle up with at night, and some clothes for her which she might actually wear. :) Ben and I also got another Applebee's gift card, so that makes $50 total. One night we're going to be eating in style! Maybe I can even arrange a sitter for Mori and we can make a date night for it.

Ben also got some of "his type" of books... you know, the technical ones. How to power a city using string and a glass jar... those type of books. Anyway, he seems happy enough with them.

One of my best friends, Rachel, is due to go into labor any day now. Her EDD is the 20th, but it's her second one, so she could be early. :) I'm excited, she's trying a home birth, after her and I ganged up on her husband to convince him. Best wishes to her, hope things go well and I can't wait to see the little miracle baby Ryan!

My current project in knitting is this: Tree Skirt
It's fairly simple: 7 panels sewed together into a circle. It's only got knitting and purling, with a couple of cable stitch. My first cable stitch practice! Easy enough, if I do say so myself. Although I had to go out and get longer needles, as the 11's I had were 10-inch and, uh, yeah. It didn't fit.
So i'm about half done with one panel.
And now I'm off to knit.

Kudos!

No comments: