Thursday, December 20, 2007

What is my deal?

So it's another one of 'those days'.
This morning consisted of stuffyness, nausea, dizzyness and Mori being all stuffed up. I've been trying to be productive all day - it just isn't working.
It started by me trying to brush my hair. I realized I haven't brushed it in , uh, days. So I brought Mori into the bathroom with me and started untangling it. Halfway through she starts crying, which ticks me off because I can't even brush my hair without being interrupted by a squalling baby. So I got her and brought her to the livingroom, brush in hand, and let her crawl around while I finished.

And then I decided to clean.
I started on the kitchen, trying to do dishes. I piddled around for ten minutes, stuffed a few glasses in the dishwasher, and went to the livingroom.
I clipped some more of Tyra (god she's matted) and vacuumed a piece of carpet, which the bunnies then used as a litter box and now needs to be vacuumed again. I got the mail, got the electric bill and instantly turned down the heat.
Mori took a ten minute nap and woke up screaming. I put her down and she quieted as I tried to fold the futon back up. Ten minutes later I was still wrestling with it, and she started crying. I fell on my knees and started crying with her.
After twenty minutes of holding her, rocking back and forth and crying, she fell asleep. She's currently asleep in her crib, looking peaceful.

So there's poop on the floor, dishes everywhere, laundry everywhere, fur everywhere.
Trash needs to be burned, packages need to be mailed, dogs/bunnies need to be fed. Laundry needs to be folded. Gunk needs to be cleaned out of the sink. Rabbit bedding needs to be changed.

And all I want to do is go take a hot bath and maybe cry some more.
Ben's probably working overtime again. He didn't wake up until 12:20, had to be there at 1. That leaves me, ohhh, ten minutes of seeing him as he was flying out the door.
He did that yesterday too. And the day before.

I'm starting to feel like a single parent again. And that's not good.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

:huuuuuuuuuugs: i wish i could help! :(