Thursday, December 27, 2007

Three women story

Once there where three women: A corperation CEO, a farmer's wife, and a stay-at-home-mom.
A genie, bored with his normal daily routine, decided to pay the three women a visit.
First he visited the CEO. She was dressed up in a pants suit with perfectly manicured nails and perfectly done hair.
"Woman! Because I am bored, I shall grant you one wish, and one wish only!" He thundered.
The CEO thought about it. "I wish my corporation's stocks would skyrocket, giving me lots of money and a more successful job."
"Done!" The genie thundered. The company's stocks soared, the woman became a millionaire overnight, and was promoted.

Next he visited the farmer's wife. She was a bit dirty, with her hair a mess, wearing a simple sunddress and an apron.
Once again, he thundered: "Woman! Because I am bored, I shall grant you one wish, and one wish only!"
The farmer's wife thought about it. She was a simple woman, comfortable in her life and lacking very little. Finally she said, "I wish for a good, easy growing season that will fill our pantry with food and put to rest my husband's fears of us not having enough through the winter."
"Done!" The genie said. The season was good, filling the farmer's pantry and giving them more than enough to last the winter.

Finally he visited the stay-at-home-mom. She was covered in baby spit up and drool, had blue marker all over her white shirt, bubblegum in her hair, and sleepless-night circles under her eyes.
Once again, the genie thundered. "Woman! Because I am bored, I shall grant you one wish, and one wish only."
The woman thought about it. She thought about the sleepless nights, waking up every two hours. She thought how her house was strewn with toys, how the walls were covered in crayon. She thought about how many parties she had missed, how much time she had spent in her home. She thought about the endless diapers, burp rags, and bibs.

"I wish for another baby." She said finally, with a smile.