Thursday, January 17, 2008

Earaches and Pink Stuff

Sorry about the lack of posts.. It's been hectic!

Ben worked over 70 hours last week. On top of that, Mori has an ear infection that manifested itself last week. Sunday night she was up until 2am, screaming off an on. By Monday she wasn't better, so I found an urgent care clinic that took walk-ins and we took her Tuesday. Sure enough, her left ear is infected. We left with a script for Amoxacillion and Ben went to work. I went to Meijer to browse/get script filled, and they gave it to us for free! Apparently some kids meds are free there. Whoopie!

Mori hates it. It doesn't matter if I mix it with milk, give it to her straight, or dilute it... each dose is a hassle. On the good side, though, she seems to be feeling better, and she's been sleeping a lot. Today we even took a nap together and she slept a good three hours straight.

Cinderella has been a livesaver.... when she's cranky and not feeling good, she's sit and watch it in her swing and sometimes fall asleep. I feel bad using 'TV' as a distraction, but it gives me breathing time.

Currently on the needles is Ben's socks, finally. They're a rich forest green color that I think I need to order more of in order to knit myself a pair. Maybe i'll knit Mori a pair, too, matching family socks! Anyway, the cuff is done 2X2 ribbing and i'm working on the leg.

Saturday is going to be hectic. We've got three different houses to go visit, and Saturday night I'm leaving the kidlet with Ben so I can go to a mama's blessing for a girl on my community board. Should be fun. :)

Kudos!
Ket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

sock eh? nice! :D i started socks for britt and got distracted.....haha :) i decided they looked too complicated and he didn't need socks badly enough for me to spend that much time on them... :p oh well. i loooooove you :D