Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Finances, Overtime, and Vet Checks

Ben's working overtime again. It's going to be another one of "those weeks" where he's out until 3am and sleeps until noon, goes to work at 1pm... rinse, repeat. Luckily (or unluckily, regarding finances) this may be his last chance at overtime. We can definately use the money.

He's talking about trying to go back to first shift. I can't begin to explain the heartache I went through when he went to second shift... and now he wants to switch back, and I know EXACTLY why. No, it's not for me or Mori. It's not to help me out with her at night. It's not to have dinner each night, and to see him each night.

It's because his stupid HAM radio club meets Thursday nights, and the Masons meet Tuesday nights.

He said he wants to switch so "we" can go to some events. HELLO? Where were you when I tried to explain MY events, that I wanted to go to, a month ago when you switched?

ARGH.

Financially we're doing okay, I suppose. The credit cards are slowly going down. The bills are caught up. This month has three paycheques in it, so hopefully we can invest that third one into gold or a savings.

I'm faced with the idea of taking each of our five animals to the vet with the extra money. Legacy has mites - if untreated, they will spread to Fuzza, and maybe even the dogs. Mind you, these rabbits are for the wool... and the mites make the wool fall out. No good. Anyway, Legi needs a treatment of Ivermectin, and they both need annual checkups.

Currently on the needles is a DNA scarf, which I am going to do two rows on before I retire for the night and cuddle with my babygirl.

Kudos!
Ket

1 comment:

Rachel said...

bah. well even if hes switching for dumb reasons, hopefully it'll be good in the end anyway.

this month is the month we're fiiinally caught up. we're gonna even pay my dad back for money borrowed last year. :p finally.

i got to cuddle w/britt plus 3 solid hours of sleep before avi just now woke, yippee! i love ya