Monday, March 17, 2008

Adventures in Dyeing?

This morning I got the urge to dye some yarn. I had a hank of Knit Picks bare to dye, and Mori was being good, so I tromped off to the Kitchen to mix acid dyes.

This was the result:

I'm calling it "Nebula" and I think it came out pretty good, considering I just slopped some color on it. The blues are vibrant but the purple/red looks a bit 'dusty' so I might try to overdye it, or heck, maybe i'll just leave it and make socks with it.

Mori has her fourth tooth coming in, the right top. She's not very happy with it. My mom somehow convinced us to come to STL the first weekend in April, so that's something to dread/look forward to. Rachel is coming to Ohio soon (yay!) Hopefully not that same weekend.

More later, kidlet's trying to eat dog food.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

sounds like mori is keeping you busy! hey we're getting pretty booked but i can pencil you in between noon and 9pm on (this) friday or saturday afternon...? :D MUST see you and kidlet and ben of course
:D:D