Sunday, March 30, 2008

Of Poodles and Big Lots and Waffles

Meagan came to visit for Friday night and Saturday day. I was very very excited to see her, and rightly so - I think we had a blast. Friday night consisted of homemade pizza, wine, and puppies. Saturday we left the kidlet with Ben and went for a day on the town. First was the Needling Yarn in Granville... Oh, yarn? How doth I love thee... Anyway, we just perused the aisles and I got some more Digit. They were expensive, though, and since I only had $40, I scooted Meagan out of there. (Sorry, Megs, I didn't know you were paying! You could have had the red stuff!).

Next was Big Lots. Oh, Big Lots... Yarn for $1! Granted, cheapo yarn, but pretty yarn that was normally $6-$7 on craft-store shelves. We also found a new energy drink that Megs seemed to enjoy, and pop, and diapers and baby toys and dog brushes. After Big Lots, we ran down the street to Michael's, where Megs bought some black and dark blue yarn for her glove thingies. I <3 the blue and may just steal it.

And then, to Waffle House! A great end to a good day. Waffles, ahhh.... self-explaining. Megs and I had a long talk in the car, of which I am grateful of, and she suggested a few things that may just work. We came back to the house to find the husbeast and kidlet in good spirits. I gave Tida a bath, and now he's all sparkly white. He tried to hump Maggie.

Then she left, and we were alone. (Saddness.) Ben and I had a bit of a talk. Yay talk.
Anyway. All is well. Had a good weekend, and now I must go knit a Wee Tiny Sock.

ToodaloO!

No comments: